Views:2 Author:Site Editor Publish Time: 2021-05-17 Origin:Site
With the development of lasers and laser processing technology, lasers are increasingly used in synthetic resin materials, including IT, automotive, aerospace, electronics, and medicine. Due to the increasingly refined social division of labor and the increasing homogeneity of some products, the differences are getting smaller and smaller. In addition to manufacturing high-quality products, product manufacturers are paying more and more attention to obtaining self-carrying information and realizing product information through processing technology. The need for traceability. At the same time, customers need to save costs and improve manufacturing efficiency, and lasers are increasingly showing their unique advantages in synthetic resins, so more and more laser processing methods are chosen.
With the continuous innovation of laser technology and synthetic resin molding technology? Behring Laser conforms to the market demand and has successively launched high-quality and reliable nanosecond lasers with multiple pulse widths, multiple frequencies and multiple powers to meet customer needs. Based on the practical application experience of Behring lasers, our understanding of the principle of resin processing and laser The influence of resin is briefly summarized.
1) Principle of resin marking and color development
When materials receive light energy, the phenomena of "reflection", "absorption" and "transmission" will occur. These phenomena have also become the core elements of laser marking and laser processing. Among them, the most important thing is the absorption of light energy by the material. The absorption of light energy by the material directly destroys the chemical bonds of the material on the surface of the material, making the processed place show different physical properties from other places.
a: The surface layer of the multilayer material is peeled off
Material characteristics: resin base, paint surface
Processing features: low average power, small single pulse energy, high frequency, multi-angle filling, high-speed scanning
Recommended laser type: high frequency low power ultraviolet pulse laser
The paint surface of this type of material is generally thin, and the base material is more sensitive to ultraviolet light, so (therefore?) the processing energy should not be too large, otherwise it will damage the base material; multi-angle filling is mainly to ensure uniform and thorough peeling.
b: The surface layer of the same material is peeled off
Material characteristics: the same physical properties perpendicular to the surface of the material
Processing features: high-frequency fast scanning, direct vaporization of the surface
The difficulty of this type of material processing is to control the peeling depth, the peeling depth must be uniform, and the color of the peeled surface must be uniform. These can be controlled by adjusting the scanning speed and frequency.
c: Color development on the surface of the material
The laser irradiates the resin to color the workpiece itself.
Different resin materials, the principle of the laser to make the color is different, mainly the following ways
(1) Blistering type: Use lower laser energy to cause color change and surface reconstruction through the destruction of molecular structure, and the color of the marking part is slightly raised on the surface of the substrate.
(2) Engraving type: by raising the local temperature above the melting point of the material, melting it, and then solidifying it again, the surface will appear in the form of etching.
(3) Color engraving type: the laser intensity is relatively high, ridged grooves are generated by the local evaporation of the surface material, and the carbonization of the material causes the color to change.
(4) Color: Use a sufficiently short-wavelength laser to break the molecular chain of the material to change the color. You can also increase the contrast of the mark by adding quantitative additives.